As you begin to think about your retirement, the most important thing you need to consider is how you plan to fund your retirement lifestyle.
Planning for your retirement earlier rather than later is now more important than ever given that we are retiring earlier and living longer. At McLaren Hunt Financial Planning we can offer advice on how to help you achieve your goals in retirement. We can help you determine how much you will require to meet your goals and how you can get there.
- Conduct a complete review of your financial situation;
- Recommend strategies to meet your retirement lifestyle goals;
- Work with you to develop a new budget and investment plan to achieve your short-term and long-term goals; and
- Review and recommend wealth protection plans
The combined effect of earlier retirement and living longer means that many Australians will spend more than a quarter of their life in retirement. While this sounds like good news, it does emphasise the importance of planning carefully - and well in advance - for your retirement.
Common questions to consider
- Will I have sufficient funds in Retirement to last my lifetime?
- Will I be able to comfortably fund my desired retirement lifestyle?
- When do I want to retire and will I have enough money to fund my retirement years?
- Will my investment options within my Superannuation affect my finances?
- What type of Retirement Income Stream is appropriate for me? Is it an Account Based Pension, Transition to Retirement or some other type?
- Will I be entitled to any Centrelink benefits?
How we can help
- Establish how much you need and work out when you can retire based on your plans.
- Establish a plan to accumulate enough retirement savings within your timeframe.
- Review and recommend retirement income products so you can manage your money in retirement
- Make sure you can maximise any entitlements to social security benefits.
- Make sure you are not under insured.
These are just some of the issues you should consider discussing with one of our Financial Advisers.